Monday, December 13, 2010

Bad Luck

I have been searching online for a new job for several months now, I used to work at a bar and bartend but I truly wasn't feeling the job. Dealing with drunk old creepy people when I am wore out makes me very crabby. So I thought it was time for a new job.

I had applied for several jobs, such as Toys R Us, Target, Shapko, Macys', ect. Well it was a two weeks before Thanksgiving and I received a phone call from Target. I was the happiest person ever because this meant that I would get an interview, and I rock at interviews. I have a way of just blabbing on for ever about the questions they give me to answer. So I was pretty confident that I would get the job.

The interview day came along, and sure enough they requested me to have my second interview on the same day! After my second interview they told me that I had received the job and they would call me the next day about my orientation times. Well the next day rolled around and I had not received a phone call from Target, I ended up just waiting another day thinking they probably are not calling me back because it is a Sunday. So they next day I called back and asked them why I had not gotten a call back about my orientation day, the lady on the phone explained to me that she could not give me this information and that she would direct me to one of the main staff. She just so happened to not be in that day so I left her a message.

Another four days passed and I had still not received a phone call back from the head staff on when I should begin my orientation. So yet again I called back, I ended up having to call back three times to get ahold of the lady. She then told me that I would have to wait another week before I could start my orientation because they had keyed in my information into the system wrong and had to retrieve all the correct information back. After all this went on I soon received my orientation times. After orientation was done we all received our work schedules, lucky me I had to start training on Black Friday! Let me tell you that was a very interesting experience, for one I have never shopped or been out and about during Black Friday, and second of all I had no clue of what I was doing.

All is good now I have completed my training and love this job way more then bar tending, minus the pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment